What you will need for the beef tallow cowboy buttercream:
- 1 Sticks (1/2 Cup) Soften European Style Butter
- ½ Cup Soften Beef Tallow
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ¼ of Cayenne Pepper
- Salt to taste
How to render beef tallow
- The European Style Butter and the Beef Tallow should be set out at room temperature for about 4 hours to soften. It’s best to have both soft enough to create an indent when firmly pressed but not so soft that it melts immediately under the warmth of touch.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a bowl with a hand mixer, whip the butter and tallow on medium to high speed until it turns white and noticeably fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
- If the consistency seems too soft, refrigerate for 10 – 15 minutes until it firms a bit.
- Turn the mixer off to add the Garlic Powder, Dijon Mustard, Ground Thyme and Paprika. Begin to whisk these ingredients on low speed to fully combine. Add the salt to taste and whisk on low as needed to incorporate the salt.
- Add to a serving bowl and keep at room temperature but don’t allow it to become too soft. Can place in the refrigerator for half hour increments prior to serving.
- Serve with an assortment of bread, alongside steaks or with a crudité platter of Radishes, Snap Peas, Cherry Tomatoes and Baby Bell Peppers