Here's a simple and flavorful flank steak marinade recipe that you can try at home:
What you will need:
- 1 ½ pounds (680g) flank steak
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Instructions For Our Flank Steak Marinade Recipe:
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, honey (or brown sugar), black pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme, and paprika.
- Place the flank steak in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the steak, making sure it's evenly coated. If using a plastic bag, press out any excess air and seal it tightly. If using a dish, cover it with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the steak in the marinade for at least 2 to 4 hours, or preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to infuse into the meat. If marinating in a plastic bag, you can also massage the marinade into the steak a few times during the marinating process.
- When you're ready to cook the flank steak, preheat your grill or stove-top grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill the flank steak for about 4-6 minutes per side, depending on your desired level of doneness and the thickness of the steak. For medium-rare, the internal temperature should be around 130-135°F (55-57°C).
- Once cooked to your liking, remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it against the grain into thin strips.
- Serve and enjoy your deliciously marinated flank steak with your favorite sides!
Note: You can customize the marinade by adding or adjusting spices to suit your taste preferences. If you want a sweeter flavor, you can increase the honey or brown sugar; if you prefer more heat, add extra red pepper flakes.
For more recipes visit our blog here.